If you want to maintain a loving relationship, then it’s important to show your loved one how you feel in ways that they will understand and appreciate. With a little extra work, you’ll be able to express your love and keep your relationship going strong.
Other Ways to Express Love…
Since we have covered so many ways to say, “I love you” or to express love, here are two sets of ideas for ways to show love.
The first set is other things to say and ways to act:
- Don’t criticize or compare them to others.
- Be a good listener.
- Ask for their opinions and ideas.
- Keep your promises.
- Buy flowers or a gift for no reason.
- Apologize if necessary.
- Tell them why you love them.
- Be proud of their accomplishments.
- Forgive and forget.
- Follow the Golden Rule: treat others as you’d like to be treated.
- Be honest.
- Show common courtesy.
The second set is things to do together:
- Hug often.
- Kiss, both when you are alone and when people are watching.
- Do everyday things together, like baking or walking.
- Pray or meditate together.
- Hold hands.
- Snuggle and play footsies.
- Give each other a foot rub or massage.
- Leave love notes where the other will find them.
- Watch the sunrise or sunset together.
- Relax in a Jacuzzi.
- Stare into each other’s eyes.
- Have a picnic in a secluded spot.