The Union Minister of Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu on January 15, 2019 inaugurated the Global Aviation Summit 2019 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The Summit is a union and it will address the problems faced in the aviation sector.
|The theme of the Global Aviation Summit 2019 is 'Flying for all-especially the next 6 Billion'.|
The event will host experts and CEOs from Global Aviation Fraternity emphasising upon the latest trends, futuristic aircraft and cutting-edge technologies.
Present on the occasion, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis announced that by the beginning of 2020, the state government will make New Mumbai's airport functional, which has the capacity to add 1 percent to the GDP.
India would be adding 1,000 aircraft over the next 7-8 years and one billion trips in the next 15 years. The domestic aviation in India has been growing at 20 percent every year since 2015 and this growth has been highest in the world.
Organisers and Partners
The two-day summit is being organised by the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation, Airport Authority of India (AAI) in association with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
The Union Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, CiviI Air Navigation Services Organisation (CANSO), Airports Council International (ACl), International Air Transport Association (IATA) are the partner organizations of the Summit.
|The objective of the Summit is to provide a platform to the aviation industry to discuss the challenges faced in the newly developing growth spots and understand how technology-driven innovations will change air travel in the future.
The Summit also aims to be the most comprehensive platform for civil aviation, witnessing a vivid representation from global leaders from airlines, manufacturers, investors, vendors, cargo, space industry, banking institutions, skill development agencies and states and UTs of India.
The Global Aviation Summit will offer stakeholders an opportunity to explore, deliberate and understand how technology-driven innovations will change air travel in the decades to come.
• The two-day summit will host a conference, expo and will endeavour meaningful engagements via G2G, G2B, B2B meetings and other networking opportunities.
• The platform will bring together prominent leaders from across the world to share their experiences on strengthening national aviation ecosystems.
• Prominent transport ministers from across the world would be sharing their experiences on enhancing the Aviation ecosystem and put forth key analytical inputs on their success stories, experience and knowledge to develop aviation in their respective countries.
• The civil aviation authorities of the world will also discuss how to ensure that safety and security standards are maintained across a fast-growing and vast aviation ecosystem.
• The event will also examine the future of drones, sustainable growth of aviation, cargo and logistics in the aviation industry – all the factors behind building great aviation business.
• More than 1000 delegates from global aviation fraternity are participating in first of its kind summit.